Thursday, May 18, 2006

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

I have such mixed emotions about Senator Specter right now. Sometimes I almost let myself develop feelings for him, but then he just keeps doin' me wrong.

But what I would have paid to be a fly on the wall for the fight today between Specter and Feingold about gay marriage.

"I don't need to be lectured by you. You are no more a protector of the Constitution than am I," Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter, R-Pa., shouted after Sen. Russ Feingold (news, bio, voting record) declared his opposition to the amendment, his affinity for the Constitution and his intention to leave the meeting.

The sad thing is that Specter's right. Neither of these men (or the parties they represent) have exactly been Knights Templar for the Constitution.

Speaking of mixed emotions, I was at an event last week with Jim Hightower, who described mixed emotions as "your daughter coming home from the Prom with a Gideon's Bible under her arm."

I thought that was kind of cute. But then, I'd had a few.

Lisa in Pittsburgh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home