Monday, June 23, 2008

A moment of silence please for one of the greats...

In honor of the late George Carlin, who died Sunday night at 71, the Washington Post's Gene Weingarten is hosting a blog discussion of the comedian and social satirist's best lines.

I admit, I'm a bit partial to this one:
So I say, "Live and let live." That's my motto. "Live and let live." Anyone who can't go along with that, take him outside and shoot the mother------. It's a simple philosophy, but it's always worked in our family.

Here's one from a monologue he did on Saturday Night Live in 1984. (It's so brilliantly straight to the point that I have to think even the dominionists should be able to appreciate the logic.)
I'm not really sure how this church and state separation stuff is gonna
work out. Ah, personally, I'm in favor of the separation of church and
state. My feeling is that either one of these institutions screws you up
bad enough on its own. ... You put them together and you got certain
death....

Lauri in York

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home